– Create or maintain wind farm layouts, schematics, or other visual documentation for wind farms.
– Design underground or overhead wind farm collector systems.
– Analyze operation of wind farms or wind farm components to determine reliability, performance, and compliance with specifications.
– Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
– Create models to optimize the layout of wind farm access roads, crane pads, crane paths, collection systems, substations, switchyards, or transmission lines.
– Provide engineering technical support to designers of prototype wind turbines.
– Investigate experimental wind turbines or wind turbine technologies for properties such as aerodynamics, production, noise, and load.
– Develop active control algorithms, electronics, software, electromechanical, or electrohydraulic systems for wind turbines.
– Develop specifications for wind technology components, such as gearboxes, blades, generators, frequency converters, and pad transformers.
– Test wind turbine components, using mechanical or electronic testing equipment.
– Perform root cause analysis on wind turbine tower component failures
– Oversee the work activities of wind farm consultants or subcontractors.
– Test wind turbine equipment to determine effects of stress or fatigue.