– Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems.
– Design or coordinate design of photovoltaic (PV) or solar thermal systems, including system components, for residential and commercial buildings.
– Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
– Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
– Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
– Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
– Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
– Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
– Design or develop vacuum tube collector systems for solar applications.
– Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.